Duration – 4 hour lesson
Price – 4 hours £89
Kite landboarding or kite mountain boarding brings together the thrill of flying a kite with the fun of riding an off road board; taking aspects from kitesurfing, snowboarding and skateboarding, it is performed either on a sandy beach or inland in a field or park. This sport has a really fast progression curve and you’ll be amazed how way you’re riding along by the close of this landboarding course.
This course starts is aimed toward beginners, first beginning with a short theory session in our centre’s classroom that covers wind and weather, site assessment, equipment, safety, the wind window and riding directions.
Then onto the beach, the landboarding course covers:
* Power kite set up and tuning
* Kite flying including safety
* Steering and kite control inside the ‘wind window’
* Kite power control
* Introduction to more powerful kites for smoother pull on the landboard.
Once the kite control is learnt, it’s onto the landboard!
* Introducing the board and kite together￼
* Controlled stop
* maintaining continuous power from the kite to keep the board rushing along the beach!
* As key skills are developed and confidence gained, we introduce ‘edging’ the landboard, moving back upwind, turning and even a slalom course!
* the rules of the road permitting riders to pass one another safely while not becoming tangled up is also brieflyoutlined.
Kite landboarding Equipment:
* we’ve an extensive range of kite sizes helping us teach safely in nearly any wind condition. The kites we use areforgiving meaning your learning curve is faster and a lot more fun!
All equipment, including safety is provided in the kite landboarding lessons:
* Bring a study pair of shoes, sunglasses, sun cream and warm clothing if it’s cold.
* Post lesson discount vouchers for equipment we provide are available