We have chosen Cawfields as our location on Hadrian’s Wall as there is a wealth of archaeological information visible on the ground.
Cawfields is a fantastic place to start your tour. You can see Hadrian’s Wall, a Milecastle, and one of the best sections of the Vallum (which is the defence ditch running parallel, south of the wall). Cawfields also has some of the best views across the rugged moorland vistas of the Northumberland National Park.
The tour includes a walk (1 mile or less) along one of the most iconic central sections of The Wall with easy access to Milecastle 42. Additionally, we will take you to ONE of the museums listed below.
Your guide will be able to explain a history of each site and what makes it so unique. We will also point out the best and most treasured artefacts.We will discuss what life was like here 2000 years ago for both the native Celtic population and the Roman soldiers and civilians who lived in the area.
- Cawfields, Hadrian’s Wall
- Vindolanda Roman Fort
- The Roman Army Museum
- Housesteads Roman Fort
- Chesters Roman Fort
£48 per person
- Complimentary transport included for 2-4 people
- Site entry to one museum is included in this price
- A full day tour is also available
- Tours in English
- Your guide will be dressed in authentic clothing for this tour. He does, however, reserve the right to wear modern clothing if the weather is causes concern for health and safety.
Child: 5-15years / under 5’s free