Our Wild Dog bushcraft family days are for the whole family, all age groups can share the fun and adventure. The activities require teamwork which is brilliant for some classic family bonding. Close to Newcastle and Hexham, Slayley Hall is a great location.
Hidden within the grounds of Slaley Hall, is nestled a woodland glade. The glade is secluded and it’s the perfect introductory site for all levels and abilities, ideally suited to learn fundamental bushcraft skills.
Our instructors are friendly and love sharing bushcraft skills, they are there to support you in a relaxed atmosphere. The kettle is always boiling over a roaring log fire. Join us and learn new bushcraft skills so you get more out of your next outdoor adventure!
- Fire lighting
- Shelter build
- Throwing arrows
- Toasted marshmallows and hot dogs
What to expect:
- Toilet facilities are available
- All bookings subject to availability (please ring Kevin in the office)
- The courses will normally run in wet weather; however the instructor reserves the right to re-schedule the day should the weather cause concern for health and safety. You will be issued a gift voucher if this happens, so you can return on another date
- Wild Dog Bushcraft days are based at the pursuits centre in the grounds of Slaley Hall Hotel in Northumberland (unless stated otherwise). We will email directions upon confirmation.
- We will require an adult to sign a disclaimer for the children.
What to bring:
- We recommend sturdy footwear such as walking boots, good trainers or wellingtons
- Waterproofs (jacket and trousers) and warm clothing (woollen jumpers) are essential in cold weather
- Thick socks and thermal under garments are recommended in cold weather
- Please be aware that clothes will get dirty. It is recommended you bring a spare change of clothes and a towel (just in case it is raining)